Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Baby Bird's Song

Music fills the empty air
And, for once, the air breathes me
All the sound that stamps out the silence
Of when you are not here
Fear and loathing
Are absolute filling and consuming thoughts
That should have never come to be
(Why did I not stop this when I had the chance?)
Love is a platform so far out of reach
And I seem to have forgotten to tell you
How I dizzy from heights
How I close my eyes
And remove myself from the inches
Within which I feel too close to you
Much too close to falling
Who knows?
Maybe this time I would fly
You may very well be the wings that I have lacked for so long
How will we ever know?
If you don't throw the baby bird from the nest
And risk the beloved's death
If you don't ween the addict
Of self and self destruction
Give us a chance to live
And feet to really walk this
But only if the path lengthens itself enough to be worth our stroll
Show me the world
The one you know
And anticipate with me
The one we can discover together
One step in front of the other...
I am on my teetering way to you

No comments:

Post a Comment