Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How Did We?

Where is the fine line
Between communication and trust
What is the worry
If we are both falling apart
If you agree not to laugh if I trip
I agree to pick you up from the fall
A beautiful silence
Tells us to press on
If you agree to press on
I agree to fight for it
What could stop us now?
Not the miles
Not the sleep
Not the lack thereof in our daily pull
In our daily thread
Sewn up like a cloth doll ready for love from
Whoever dares to
Gather torn linen
And puzzle broken pieces
You know very well
We've both been along the same path
But necessarily at in the same day
In the same hour
In this hour I can say that i miss you
And your voice
And the only picture I've left to hold on to
You
Are
Much more than I gave credit to finding myself
You are more
Than I hoped would be feasible
Lover, you
You hold me down in a quiet place
Quietly drowning my ears in
In the hours between
When we speak and when we speak
You see that I've waited
That I'm waiting this long
And the length that is needed
To be beside you
I need to be beside you
Now and then
And all in between
Where the pillows lay there will be my body, soon
And I say
That there's nothing so good as the words you so willingly
Speak
To me
Write
To me
Let's forget what the world says
Dismiss all the voices that fight
What we've come to know
And now, what I've come to know
Is a love
It's a love
I dare not let go
Of this thought
It's a love
It's a love
That has roots and a stem and a flower
Though to see it is patience enough
There's an empty space
Until you see fit to fill all holes
That the world has left me
How did we find this?
How did we stumble upon this?
Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment