Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Turn My Corner

I’m not sure if you realize, but your smile can turn my corner
Your eyes seem to soften my mood
But I’m mean
I’m an unfair fighter
Trying to tame myself for you
My tongue transforms daily
To an axe of odd proportions
Chopping rung after rung after rung of the ladder we try to climb
I do my best not to hurt you
When I’m constantly knocking you down
And my best doesn’t appear to cut it
My mind is so much like a fire
Burning the bridge before we cross
So I apologize to our future
That I truly do believe deserves a chance
And I’m rerouting my steps in a firm attempt to walk beside you
Compete with this simply complicated dance
I’m not sure if you realize, but your laugh is my personal stepping stone
Your whispers, when my head is in danger or dangerous
Make a calm to disperse my frights
Your body is, on turns, a rock
And then a warm coat
When worry is a quicksand
And I know the winter is coming fast…
So, now that you know
This has all been heavy on my heart
As you have been heavy on my mind
Give me a few minutes
Let me grow something you can truly appreciate
Even while we have no idea what that might be...

No comments:

Post a Comment