Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Hold the Gun

Let’s not think about it
The night before
And the one before that
Let’s have no attachments
And avoid all pains
And avoid each other
Let’s play absolutely silent
And I’ll station my mind where it doesn’t belong
I’ll never believe a word
Because it always ends in the same two letters
The only trust is in what I don’t have
Now or ever
The sun set
The night happened
And now that it’s over
I am currently doing my best to pretend it never was
Pretension is a convincing act
When it’s been gripped long enough
I hold to nothing in this life
And I will just have to cope
When someone such as yourself
Sneaks around all barriers
That, in turn, is why the meek will inherit guns by birth
And need no training whatsoever
I know how to make this stop
I know how to force to an end
A means
I hold the gun
I know more now
I follow it less
Knowing is a stronger belief system
Separation is the best idea
Cloak me, bad intentions
And fast let me disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment