Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Synonyms of Falling

Helicopter seeds fall slowly, at a rapidly spinning pace
And truth falls short of expectations all the time
Calendar pages drop by the month and days fall around me
While I'm slowly but surely falling into the same trap again
Excited faces turn unholy as children tumble and scrape knees
And tears fall from eyes too watered down
Rain trickles softly down the glass I think of more as a wall than a window
While I'm swiftly falling into that same loneliness again
I see my own ideas plummeting
With the more words you spill
And your shoulders slump down at the ebb of my smile
But emotions that fly and float back
The submersion of loving notions
Is just something I've become accustomed to meeting at the crash site
Lovers fall for and into each other
Lives fall quickly into the the grave
My voice declines quickly into the well you've reopened
As I'm learning to fall into my own arms again

No comments:

Post a Comment