Tuesday, May 26, 2009

To the One I Thought I Had

Behind your eyes
Under the skin
Between the bones
Beyond the skull
And on the other side of the physical
There is a light in you
A warmth, if you will
A chill, by turn, I’m sure
An available notion and thought
That, at times, I can see
And at a distance, consistently feel
You, illuminated ghost
Are a new haunting
That my mind has not chosen a state for
Frightened, comforted, weary, or hopeful…
This decision is only mine
But as it stands, this bright holds me in fatigue
Keeps me from sleep
From the nutrition of rest
Your melody deafens me
And I embrace this new quiet
I am full, in the fruit tree
Without so much as a mouthful
Oh, help my starving words
To be honest, your candle flame fingertips
Have found my icy hands
But, as it happens
Have not found the path through my thick wooded acre at night
Have not guided the vessels of my sea at dusk
Or just before the dawn
And, to mention this dawn
That seems to follow in word
But has yet to show itself to me…
Will you remedy that
Oh, Sun… Starlight… Moon…
Oh, lightning as human form
With a glance?
A verbal touch?
I realize what elimination has left me with
The only choice is to wait
In this artwork box… cardboard frame world…
We all know the art of any man
Is sustained by, what else?
Uncertainty, madness, and shade by way of the clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment