Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Confusion is a Beautiful Assumption

Spark the mind ablaze
And uncontrollably burn
I asked for guidance
And received
And had no idea what the man meant
Never ask if you won’t follow…
Never attempt recollection if you have no memory
I turn and face a new world
At the same wall each day
Did you see a new sun in the sky?
Did you find the lie he left?
Or the truth you couldn’t possibly believe?
Is your mind running off at the mouth?
And are you suffering, my beauty?
Are you suffering much?
I speak to you through glass and cracks
And know who you are, but cannot find you
You are my other half
Female in the form
And lovelier in the making
What I wouldn’t give to mesh wholly with you
To disappear into that blanket you still promise me
The shared cigarette was as close to kiss as I’ve come lately
A true love divided by a simple fact
You cannot put one and one together
Even across the sea
Even in a night’s sleep
I’ve seen him and I’ve seen you
And I’m not quite sure where my bosom lies
Lady of the hour… lady of a lifetime
Woman of strength
And of my love
Confusion is a beautiful assumption

No comments:

Post a Comment