Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brushing Color Through Hard Times

The veins all flowed in unison
From what? Oh, I could name a thousand things
The rushing blood over my world turning sides
And my head with it
The sins I’ve committed since the last time we laid together
The bite of a jealous snake
The warm flood of fear surging me
And brushing my face with color I cannot deny
The reminder that you are not the end of things
And the suffering continues, whether by you
Or the general happenings that is life
And that everything moves on and evolves
The emotion I feel for you, that I fight against, the I sleep in
The confusion I stay fearful in
What a strange time to be alive
When the circle spreads wider
And the teachers of ancient ways solemnly let me know to push on
To keep on trying
Until there is nothing left to try
I am afraid of this life and its beauty
I am weary of feeling alive through the pain
But I am happy to be here
And determined to know a purpose that I can call my own
I long to communicate
And to increase flexibility
Body, mind, spirit
Whatever these remnants
My clay forms houses
I want to reach peace
With bare fingertips
And to embrace the unexpected
And the inevitable
This is why we are all alone and separated
And this is what comrades are for
And, as I hold to it
You are, Man

No comments:

Post a Comment