Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Malicious Notch

How many notches, Chelsea
Do you need in your bedpost?
When was this asked?
And why does it matter?
Jealousy?
Gender?
Pure malicious intent?
Well, calm of my heart...
You have proved to disrupt.
How many fingers?
Just one left to turn down
One left to make or break
What we both know never could have been
Is there anything the you have been waiting to tell me?
Is there any other way I can drive you further?
How much pain can a past bring forth
I have seen the fire in your heart
I see the embers that were left when discovery made known what you wanted to avoid
I have felt what the past can do
And what a small past can ruin
Have you forgotten, so swiftly, of the one you carry as well?
So, they were lucky.
How were they not to me?
Love does not exist
Only emotions and physical exchanges that come about from acts of such things
This is what I believe.
All apologies to the past, present, and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment